“SheTech:The Coding club” is back again.
WonderCoders and Symbion are happy to welcome you on 20.02 for an evening of coding and fun.
SheTech:The Coding Club is a place where beginners in programming as well as more experienced female (male are welcome as well) developers get together, share knowledge and support each other.
If you are working on a project that involves programming and you need help or support from fellow coders, this is the right place for you.
If you don’t have a project of your own, but want to learn how to code and be surrounded by people sharing the same interests then come by and we will help you get started.
Why are we doing this?
1. One of the many reasons women don’t pursue career in tech is because they feel they don’t belong there. The IT industry is still a boys club. With SheTech: The Coding club, we want to create a place where everyone feels like they fit in.
2. Computer programming is an essential skill to have when pursuing a career in 21st century. It makes you more attractive on the job market and if you are an entrepreneur – knowing how to code can help you better understand the work of your developers and help you improve the communication with your dev team.
3. We badly need female perspective in tech. Technology is the future and women make 85% of buying decisions in tech, It’s about time to become creators and not just consumers in the digital world.
Every month we have a different guest Role model and a topic of the meetup.
It is totally fine if you don’t have any experience with programming, we will help you discover your super power. 😉
Just bring your computer and a good mood.
P.S. The event is free of charge, but a no show fee of 350dkk will be requested from you, if you don’t cancel your ticket latest 1 day before the start of event. In case of 3 no shows, you risk of being banned from registering to our free events.
**Wonder Coders mission is to inspire more women to pursue careers in tech, but the doors to our events are open to everyone.***
And the first Coding Sunday for 2019 is here!
We are kicking off this year with a Python workshop for bginners.
During the day you will have the chance to experience the ins and outs of Python.
– You will learn the basic syntax of the language and you have the chance to write your own code for cool prizes in the end of the day.
– You will try out the data types and modules, you will get a basic overview of what Data Scientists are doing, and how do they do that.
– You will see great tools that you can use in your everyday lives: Databricks, Python inside T-SQL, Azure Machine Learning.
9.00 – 10.00: Introduction to Python: variables, functions, modules, packages
10.00 – 12.00: Discuss the different bits and pieces of Python – live coding
12.00 – 12.45: Lunch break
12.45 – 14.00: Data Science and visualization
14.00 – 15.00: Final project and rewards
The tutor: Eva Pardi
Eva is absolutely obsessed with data and passionate about AI.
She is a Data Analyst and Software Developer at Laerdal, additionally provides consulting and works with various projects at her startup company.
1) Bring your own laptop
2) Make sure you have Google Chrome installed and running on your computerhttps://www.google.com/chrome/
3) Download and install SublimeText Editor
– You’ll do all your work on this so please set it up beforehand http://www.sublimetext.com/3
Wonder Coders is a volunteer-based organization on a mission to educate, support and inspire women to pursue careers in technology, through mentorship and community support.
(https://www.wondercoders.org). Join us and discover your super power!
We look forward to meeting you soon!